You May Qualify for the ReBuilding Hope for Seniors Program
ReBuilding Hope for Seniors provides home maintenance and repair assistance, and quality-of-life improvements to seniors (60 and older) who own their home and are living on a fixed income.
The first $300.00 in repairs are free. However, we offer affordable repayment plans, adjusted to the homeowner’s budget, for services exceeding the gratis amount. Projects are capped at $1,500.00. All final costs are actual without markup or interest. You will be informed, in writing, of repair amounts which exceed $300.00 before work begins. You will never pay more than the final written estimate which you will agree to and sign.
The benefit of this program is that costs are paid for, up front, by ReBuilding Hope for Seniors. This benefits the homeowner who may not have the immediate funds to pay for the needed maintenance or repairs. Payment for services received allows us to help more people and empowers the ones receiving help to help others.
Most repairs issues are considered, but we do not remodel, build additions or perform excavation work. New construction is limited to handicap ramps.
Repairs include: replacing a window, sink, toilet, doors, hot water heater, minor roof repairs, furnace and air conditioner repair, minor drywall repair, and installing grab bars.
Qualifications and Guidelines:
- Applicants must be at least 60 years of age, and yearly income must be between $10,000 (minimum) and $25,000 (maximum).
- ReBuilding Hope will only consider repairs to stick-built houses, mobile homes or modular homes in good condition. We will not consider rentals, RVs or homes that have been zoned commercial.
- Applicants must live in Taney County.
- Applicants must own or be purchasing their home, and the home must be occupied full-time by the owner(s). We do not do repairs on any rental property.
- House payments must be current, and homeowners insurance in effect. We may require proof of ownership, insurance and income before approving a project.
- Applicants’ property must be in compliance with all Planning and Zoning codes of the respective township or Taney County and without liens or other encumbrances except for a first mortgage.
When your completed application is received, you will be contacted to schedule a site visit if your repair request falls within the scope of work we provide. After the site visit, applicants will receive notification within one (1) month as to whether or not their project has been approved. If approved, applicant will receive a written estimate, an Agreement to Repay (if the project is over the gratis $300.00), a Liability Waiver and an Agreement to Proceed. The applicant must sign and return all documents before any work can begin. Depending on the scope and urgency of the work, maintenance/repairs will usually be completed within six to eight weeks after applicants’ approval.
|Cost of Repairs||*SUGGESTED Repayment Time|
|Labor Only: $12.00 an hour||10 hours maximum.|
|Up to $300.00||No Charge|
|$301.00 to $500.00||6- 18 months|
|$501.00 to $750.00||12- 18 months|
|$751.00 to $1,000||18- 24 months|
|$1,001 to $2,000||24- 42 months|
|$2,001 to $3,000||60 months (5 years) maximum repayment period|
*(Length of repayment time is determined by current monthly bills and other financial obligations.)
If you or someone you know would benefit from the ReBuilding Hope for Seniors program, please contact our office or visit our website for an application.